Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ice sticks

I came across a few of these ice trays while picking up some quick containers at Ikea, and I knew I had to have them. 


While browsing the grocery store, it came to me... Fruit ice cube sticks! I've seen it done with cubes, but these are so perfect for water bottles and pretty drinks. I'm constantly trying to drink more water, and this seems like a cool way to mix it up.


I used an assortment of berries and mint leaves for my first batch. Chop in half and place into the tray. There's an optional step here to boil distilled water (once it cools it can be used to make clear ice instead of frosted).


Just add water and pop into the freezer.


I was impatient and thirsty, so I popped some out of the tray a little early. 


Looks so adorable in a glass, and definitely adds something special to my boring water. Yummy and refreshing! I might just have to keep these in my freezer all the time!
For some other colors, check out Holly's version at Zucchero Zucchero


2 comments:

  1. yes! love those trays. ive done this too, peep!
    http://zuccherozucchero.blogspot.com/2010/05/sunday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss that post?? They look adorable!

    ReplyDelete