Thursday, June 16, 2011

Random projects

With all the unpacking, I haven't had time to do anything DIY-wise yet. I have however, found some furniture pieces to add to the "fix me" list and some great ideas for our new place.I've begun love the idea of reusing a vintage steamer trunk as furniture. I'm on the hunt for a  perfect size trunk to repurpose as a coffee table. Excuse to market shop in Mexico next weekend? Maybe...


Why... Hello gorgeous.


On another note, I started stockpiling crown molding the other day. Can you say, faux fireplace? I know I'm pretty far behind on this trend, but I've never had a space able to accommodate one (we rent). Plus with all the moving we do, I could never justify taking on such a big project. And then I saw this on Design*Sponge:


I almost died! A bookshelf... Why didn't I think of that? The option to place and remove shelves is perfect for changing moods and seasons too. I'm sure it'll be quite a while before I get these projects rolling, but it's nice to see everything coming together.



No comments:

Post a Comment