Thursday, July 21, 2011

Drink this, not that!

Anyone who knows me, knows I have a soda problem. Not just any soda problem, a Dr. Pepper problem. When I've had a rough day, instead of coming home and cracking open a beer, I snap open that can of Dr. Pepper. There's something about the sweet, slightly tangy-ness of it that I haven't been able to find in another type of beverage. Until now. With all the excess mint in my garden, I've been trying to use it up. I came across this recipe and now I'm totally hooked!


3 slices of cucumber
3-4 mint leaves (Depending on my mood, I use more)
1 tsp fresh lime juice
6 oz club soda
Ice
Optional: 1/2 tsp sugar (you can use as much, or little as you like)


Mix and squash all the ingredients, minus the club soda. Add the club soda, and voila!



This is such a perfect drink for a warm summer evening. It's a perfect mix of light and refreshing! Hopefully I'll be drinking more of these, and less sugar-loaded soda.

No comments:

Post a Comment