Sunday, April 17, 2011

Garden time

I finally started my garden this weekend. A little late, but better than never! Because we're moving soon I have to restrict myself to pots for now. I've decided to stop using the little plastic garden markers, seeing as my dog loves to pull them out and throw them on the ground (um, where the heck did he learn to do that?!?). I've been seeing variations of these pots around with chalkboard paint, so I decided to give them a try.

I used some plain terracotta pots, Rust-Oleum chalkboard paint and some painter's tape.


Tape your pot to protect it from excess paint, then go to town! I used 3 quick coats of spray paint, but it dried in less than 15 minutes.

 When the paint is dry, remove the painter's tape and whip out the chalk! As long as Jack doesn't learn to lick the sides of my pots, this might just be the one of the best things ever. 



No comments:

Post a Comment